How do I arrange a wedding?
Congratulations! Getting married in church is a joyful occasion with great depth and meaning, as two people become one in the sight of God.
Come and make your marriage vows before God and your family and friends, and seek His blessing on your future life together. We conduct weddings in all six churches.
Early each year we hold a marriage preparation day for all couples. Whether you are to marry here, or live in our area but are marrying elsewhere, you will be made most welcome at our next one.
To marry here, there are certain requirements you must meet. They are a little bit complicated, but briefly, you must fulfil one of these criteria:
- live in one of the six parishes now
- worship regularly at one of our churches or
- be willing to start doing so regularly for at least six months
- have lived or had a family connection with the parish in the past.
We will send clear guidance to you if you decide to go ahead.
Please contact the Group Administrator by phone (01275 331061) if:
- you would like to be married in one of our churches
- you need to organise having your Banns read here because you live in our area but are marrying elsewhere
- you would like to know more about our marriage preparation day
Wedding Fees 2019 Fees Extract